Sunday, February 17, 2019

Keto Brownies. . . soft and chewy!


I am excited to have a recipe for Keto Brownies that I can take to work with me and to the ball park. I am an educator that packs a lunch each weekday. On the weekends, I seem to be packing a lunch or snacks to stay Keto strong at the ballparks. My sons play college ball and travel ball, so I am away from my house many weekends. I would be a big ol' unhealthy blob if I ate from a concession stand every time I was at a ballpark. 
So here is the recipe that has made the approved taste test list from my husband, and my youngest son that still lives at home. The brownies are not as sweet as a normal brownie, but I have not had "real" brownies in so long and do not eat sugary snacks. . . so these satisfied the sweet tooth for me. I hope you enjoy them too. A quick Keto snack to take anywhere!

Keto Brownies Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • 2/3 cup Confectioner's Erythritol
  • 3 large eggs
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup super fine almond flour
  • 1/3 cup melted Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
  • 1 tbsp Pasture Raised Cattle unflavored gelatin
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips . . . optional 

 Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. 
  2. Melt butter and Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted, melted Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla extract. . . set aside
  4. In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, gelatin, baking powder, and salt and whisk until well combined. 
  5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. 
  6. Stir in the water to thin the batter. Stir in the optional chocolate chips, if using. 
  7. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. 
  8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes
  9. Remove and let cool COMPLETELY in the pan. I also think the brownies taste better after they have sat for a day. . .the flavors seem to settle together after time sitting. 

Yields 16 brownies
The best I can calculate the macros for each brownie is the following:
Carbs: 1.2
Fats:9.5
Protein:3.1



No comments:

Post a Comment