Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Instant Pot Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Bacon


I am really loving my Instant Pot and the convenience it has provided for me as a busy mom and wife!!! I am a mom of three active boys and constantly on the go making it hard to prepare healthy meals. However, with my Instant Pot, I am cooking meals that are taking less than an hour. This recipe took about 40 minutes! 

This Instant Pot is making me look like Super Mom in the kitchen! 

I'm meal planning to make sure I have all the ingredients and ready to go each day. Here is a free Printable that I use for my meal planning. This is a way I can have all the meals and the grocery list together when I head out to the store. I also write down all the activities for the week to consider when I plan a certain meal and the timeframe for cooking. 

Here is the recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Bacon

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on how many people you are serving)
2 tablespoons butter
½ tsp poultry seasoning
½ tsp rosemary
⅛ tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic
Sea Salt to season
¾ cup chicken broth
6 pieces of bacon
⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
2 oz cream cheese
¾ tsp xanthum gum
1 cup cheese, freshly grated
3 pieces of bacon, crumbled
salt/pepper to taste

Instructions:

Turn electric pressure cooker to saute and cook 6 pieces of bacon until crispy.





Remove ½ of the bacon.

Add chicken and the butter, seasoning, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot.



Lock lid and set to manual high pressure for 11 minutes.


Once the cycle is complete, allow a Natural Pressure Release for 6 minutes then quick release. 

Carefully open Instant Pot after the pin drops.
Using 2 forks, shred chicken.

Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add heavy whipping cream and cream cheese.

Stir well to combine.

Sprinkle ¾ tsp Xanthan Gum on top and allow to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.

Turn Instant Pot off.

Sprinkle cheese and bacon on top and allow a few minutes for the cheese to melt.

I ate mine over rices cauliflower to cut back on carbs. My boys ate it over oraganic gluten free angel hair pasta. 




No comments:

Post a Comment