Sunday, January 14, 2018

Remain Stable and Fixed in the Secret Place. . .




Remain Stable and Fixed in the Secret Place. . .

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty” Psalm 91:1

Our God is not about chaos and stress in our lives. He is a God that will enter into our stressful circumstances. He longs to be there to provide us relief, comfort, and joy. Only God can bring stability out of the messes of our life. He loves for us to call on Him, especially when we cannot take it anymore. He is strong and mighty to save, and He’s longing to occupy our daily circumstances and pull us out of the pit.

Psalm 40:2 “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire: He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand”

Whatever is going on in our lives at this moment is only temporary. However, when we are in those messy moments, it can seem as if they are lasting an eternity. Life gets messy! On this side of heaven it is pretty much guaranteed to be hard at times. And to me it seems that the closer I get to God, the harder it can be. It is as if I have put myself in a bulls-eye when I’m doing things right. . . a “devil’s bulls-eye”. The devil does not like it when we are close to God or encouraging and loving on others. He is going to try and trip us up on this journey of life.

Do you find that just when life gets going in the right direction something or someone sneaks in and tries to steal your joy? What do you do when this happens? Do you fight back and take charge?

Many years ago, my husband was not being treated fairly, and I came up with all sorts of ideas to get back at the person trying to hurt my husband and his career. However, my husband would tell me to calm down and let it work itself out. What??? How could I just sit back and do nothing? It was lies and slander and completely unfair and false speech. . . something must be done. . . oh the immature thoughts that were twirling in my head at the time. Thank goodness for my husband that could keep me on the right path. I learned a lot from my husband during that difficult time. BUT I also learned a lot from my Heavenly Father during that time.

God taught me to sit back and let him fight the battle. Ultimately God wanted me to get out of His way so He could make the situation right. I didn’t see the justice I was looking for, in fact, it got worse and was a completely unfair situation that my husband did not deserve. 

Sometimes we have to wait on God’s timing. Or we just have to trust that God is leading us somewhere else. None of the situation seemed fair and it felt as if God forgot us and did not hear our prayers; however, recently and almost a decade later, we have seen some of the reasons that God did not pull my husband out of that pit in our time frame. I believe part of God’s plan was for us to learn to trust God’s timing and to direct us to His current position. Thank goodness we did not get in the way and think we knew more than God.  
 
What God wants us to do is step out of the way and let Him work. Our job is to pray and truly hand the situation and relationship over to God. We need to remember that our timing is not God’s timing. 

As our Heavenly Father, He wants to provide us with comfort and rescue us from the pit! He understands our stress and how the events of daily living can leave us depleted. If we will turn to Him and allow Him, He will fight our battles, restore our joy, and shepherd us into healthy relationships.
 
Dear Lord, I pray that you take over the stresses and worries of our day and give us the strength and self-control to step out of your way. It can be hard to be still because we are so use to fighting on our own, but I know you are waiting for us to dwell in your shadows. Teach us oh Lord. Teach us to be still and trust Your Way!

Written to encourage others and to share on Literacy Musing Monday 
Literacy Musing Monday 

No comments:

Post a Comment