Monday, January 15, 2018

"Wendy's" Instant Pot Chili




We are settling in for winter weather. We have not had snow like this in 7 years. When The Weather Channel shows up in your town the night the snow is predicted, you know it's a big deal. 

We usually just get ice and a big dangerous mess here in Louisiana. I can not wait to enjoy real snow with my boys! We have gotten our hopes up many many times, but I'm feeling confident since The Weather Channel is in our city and saying we are in the bullseye. 

So with snow and freezing temperatures on the horizon, I decided to change up my menu planning and go ahead and cook my “Wendy’s” Instant Pot Chili. . . especially when my dad calls as I'm leaving the grocery store and says he is in the mood for chili. 

Isn't that how it usually goes when you meal plan. At least I have all the ingredients, I will just push today’s planned meal to the day I had chili originally planned for.  

Here is my Menu Planning Printable if you would like to get organized. I'm always looking for ideas to better my Printables. Please let me know in the comments if you have any ideas. 

Ingredients
1 tbsp lard, coconut oil, grass-fed butter, or ghee
2 tsp minced garlic
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
1 package Chili Seasoning
1 cup water
1 15 oz can Ranch Style Beans
1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 15 oz can RoTel Original
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
Set your Instant Pot to Saute and add your oil and minced garlic to the pot. I love that you can sauté right in the instant pot. I believe it cuts down on clean up because I only have to clean up the instant pot without the addition of other pans. 

I began by using lard to brown my grass-fed ground beef and sauté my vegetables. I use lard where I can to get the health benefits from it, especially vitamin D in the winter months. 



Once the pot is hot and oil is simmering, add ground beef.

Once browned, add chopped onion, bell pepper and celery to the beef.


Cook until onion is starting to become translucent, then add Chili Seasoning.

Turn the Instant Pot "off" of Saute.

Mix well and add water.



Scrape up any browned bits that have adhered to the bottom of the pot.

Add Ranch Style and kidney beans to the pot and stir.

Then add Rotel, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce ON TOP. Do not stir in. In order to avoid a "burn" warning, it is best to leave the tomato ingredients on top of the other ingredients – if they are stirred in, they’ll sink to the bottom and could scorch.

Then add your Instant Pot lid, make sure vent is set to seal and set your IP to 10 minutes on manual or 10 minutes of high pressure.



Once time is up, let your Instant Pot release naturally.

Once released, open your Instant Pot, stir and enjoy your chili!

Serve with grated cheese. 



Happy eating!!! And now we wait to see if we actually get snow! 

A Facebook Live of my Instant Pot Natual Release because I love watching it 😂 

No comments:

Post a Comment